Jumia

Thursday 21 January 2016

Unforgettable moments at Cobham

There were plenty of smiles at our Cobham training ground on Tuesday afternoon as a host of young Chelsea fans got to watch training and then meet their heroes.
Our latest Community Day was arranged via the Chelsea Foundation, with the youngsters and other invited guests watching the first team train before meeting the players afterwards for pictures and autographs.
Among the guests was 16-year-old Duncan Cooper, who was referred to us by Birmingham Children’s Hospital, and it was meeting our captain that made the teenager’s day complete.

‘It was incredible to meet all the players and I was so excited before the day as I couldn’t believe I would get to meet all the players I watch on TV all the time,’ he said.
‘The training session was so full throttle which surprised me and then I got to meet them all including John Terry!’
Joining Duncan at Cobham was seven year-old Michael Cooke. Michael has vasculitis and had been introduced to the Foundation via Great Ormond Street Hospital.
‘I have had a great time. Meeting the players and getting everything signed was brilliant.  I got to meet Oscar, who is my favourite player, which was the best part of the day.’
Another in attendance was 13-year-old Chelsea Newman-Trinder, who has recently undergone spinal surgery, and it was once again meeting John Terry that made her day.
‘I will definitely never forget the day! I am a big Chelsea fan and couldn’t believe I got to meet John Terry,’ she said.  ‘He was so nice and stopped to talk to all of us despite the cold.’
Chelsea was joined by cousin Jason, who added: ‘Thanks to the club and Foundation for doing this. For her to meet the players is amazing and we are very grateful.’
Other guests on the day included six-year-old John Ashdown and Aidan Bungay, nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment